FORUMS: list search recent posts

Air soft gun

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Hawkins
Air soft gun
on May 26, 2010 at 5:33:03 pm

Where can I find a air soft type handgun that will some kind of kickback action so I don't have to do it in post.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Air soft gun
on May 26, 2010 at 5:58:34 pm

I'll ask my son tonight, he's into that stuff. But my sense of it is that by design they won't kick much, if at all. The mass of the pellets just isn't that much and the volume of air in the ones that are not spring-powered isn't that great compared tot he interior volume of the barrel. This is why you use *actors*:-) They can mime some kick-back, but of course this is of litle use after the fact.

Still, using a compositor you couldf ake a little bit of kick by isolating the gun area and applying some "earthquake" motion to it. Might need to roto it, depending on the shot.

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on May 26, 2010 at 6:43:05 pm

Try a CO2 or propane powered airsoft or BB gun -- it'll give a little bit of a kick if you hold it loosely. Some gas-powered airsoft handguns actually have a blowback action.

--
Meteor Tower Films
We make music videos, design video for live theater, and build interesting contraptions.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on May 27, 2010 at 2:14:30 pm

Airsoft guns dont kick at all and you'd still have to add a blast from the barrel. A real hand gun with blanks is best. Just cap it at the end. You'll find of you just paint it ultimatte green you can key it out with no problemos at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]