FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for feedback on Music Video

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Kaczorowski
looking for feedback on Music Video
on May 8, 2010 at 8:21:01 am

I have produced/shoot/edited a music video for a contest and am looking for views and feedback. It was chosen as a finalist and now I have until May 15th to get the most views to become the official music video for the song.

Please take a moment to watch and let me know what I did well, and what I could have done better. I am new to the cinematography game and looking for constructive criticism to hone my work.

Thank you very much for your time. I value the input here at cow community immensely.

Return to posts index

Jensen Yancey
Re: looking for feedback on Music Video
on May 8, 2010 at 5:32:18 pm

very impressive, although I didnt like the ending at all, you lost all of the great editing and camera movement you had once she started taking off the cords and it looked really amatuerish, like someone who tries to go out and shoot a music video but has no idea how to. everything up to that was fantastic though, REALLY impressive set design.

Return to posts index

Rick Wise
on May 8, 2010 at 5:45:40 pm

Wonderful concept. Some very good shots and editing. Unfortunately the talent does not have very graceful or compelling physical moves. You mostly shot around that up until she starts to break free. At that point she and the shots become very prosaic.

Looks to me like a cool student film. On to the next!

Rick Wise
director of photography
San Francisco Bay Area
and part-time instructor lighting and camera
grad school, SF Academy of Art University/Film and Video
http://www.RickWiseDP.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rwise
email: Rick@RickWiseDP.com

Return to posts index

Joe Kaczorowski
on May 8, 2010 at 10:20:46 pm

Thanks so much guys, I appreciate it. I agree with you 100 percent about the ending. We had planned to reshoot that, but with everyone working full time jobs, my wife 9 months pregnant, and the deadline approaching we did not have time. Good lesson for next time, always keep time for reshoots!

-Joe

Return to posts index

John Cummings
on May 9, 2010 at 2:48:39 am

Personally, I would have liked to see it build more...to see her in more trouble...cables tightening around the neck...across the face...over the eyes. Maybe cables coming out of the ground.

I guess I don't understand the story...she falls down and suddenly is able to free herself from the cables....did I miss something?

Nice first effort though...and good luck with the baby!

J.Cummings
Chicago
HDX-900/HDW-730S/DXC-D50
847-220-3172

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]