FORUMS: list search recent posts

Libec Tripod...what do you think?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Sio
Libec Tripod...what do you think?
on Feb 9, 2010 at 9:03:27 pm

I am looking for a new tripod to match up with a Panasonic HPX-300. One supplier has suggested a Libec RS-350M. Cannot find too much info on them (at least not in English). Anybody have an opinion or experience with one?

thanks

Kevin

Kevin Sio
Videographer/Editor
Corporate Affairs
National Grid

Return to posts index

Hunter Mossman
Re: Libec Tripod...what do you think?
on Feb 10, 2010 at 6:37:22 pm

I've had a couple show up on set before. They seem to work ok. Pan and tilt seem fluid. These were brand new units however. I will say that the plastic construction and overall durability factor seems a bit sketchy. If your looking for a head and sticks that's going to last you a long time and have a good resale value I would go for Sachtler or O'Connor. Even a refurbished used one would last you longer and re-sell later for much more.

Hunter Mossman
Director of Photography
http://www.huntermossman.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Sio
on Feb 11, 2010 at 7:12:14 pm

Thanks. I have a nice Vinten that I will use for heavier jobs, such as teleprompter. I was looking for something lighter for field work and one of my regular vendors suggested the Libec.

Kevin

Kevin Sio
Videographer/Editor
Corporate Affairs
National Grid

Return to posts index

todd mcmullen
on Feb 15, 2010 at 1:57:35 am

I have been using a Cartoni with success. Not sure of model but a solid performer.Supports fully loaded hvx-200 with no problem.I also have a O'conner 2575 but the cartoni is good for run and gun.

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin
http://www.toddmcmullen.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]