FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matte Box

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Desay
Matte Box
on Feb 6, 2010 at 8:11:59 pm

Hi guys,
im seriously considering buying a matte box for my Sony HVR Z5 and was looking at two in particular.
The first is the Redrock Micro and the second is the Genus 72 with base rod kit.
Just wondered if anyone has purchased either or any other brand for the Z5 and how they find them.

Cheers,

john.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Matte Box
on Feb 6, 2010 at 11:34:29 pm

I wasn't familiar with the Genus, so I looked it up. It looks decent, and is roughly in the same price range as the Redrock.

I will say, the Redrock box is an excellent value for the money. It's quite comparable to Chroisel or Arri matte boxes costing several times as much.

The big benefit to the Redrock, of course, is that it is a swing-away matte box. I didn't look at them super closely, but it didn't appear that any of the Genus models were swing-aways. That might not be a factor since you won't be changing lenses with your fixed-glass camera... but for those who do change lenses either directly on the camera body or with a 35mm DoF adapter, then a swing-away is mighty mighty handy.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

John Desay
on Feb 7, 2010 at 12:00:58 pm

Thanks for the reply Todd.I was thinking of eventually investing in a 35mm dof adaptor so the swing away of thee Red Rock was something i didn't consider so thanks for the advice....

Return to posts index

todd mcmullen
on Feb 8, 2010 at 2:52:23 am

Go with redrock.
Great value to performance. Good customer service.
Multi camera matte box
fwiw

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin
http://www.toddmcmullen.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]