FORUMS: list search recent posts

poor man's elevation

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner hester
poor man's elevation
on Jan 13, 2010 at 10:22:13 pm

so like,
I was on a chroma key shoot in Chicago yesterday. My cheap stands that hold my green screen are only six feet tall but it's never really been a problem. I'm close enough with my clients that I can work around it, have em sit, or even ask em to bend their knees but still stand straight, cheezy as that is. :o
This was a new client though and the first guy to speak walked in well over 6 feet tall. I wasn't comfy asking him to correct so, in a pinch, I did what I had to do...

http://grinnerhester.com/sticks.jpg

stop laughin'
well, ok laugh away. lol

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: poor man's elevation
on Jan 14, 2010 at 12:54:41 am

(checks photo) LOL. Not quite the "pro" image, but hey, as long as it works, right?

I keep an old hi-hat and c-clamps just to use with an aluminum stepladder, to imitate high jib shots. Usually if I need the shot I throw the 6-foot ladder in the van. Sometimes the ladder can be found on site.

What kind of CK backdrop was it, that you couldn't you have clipped it to the ceiling grid or something, instead of raising the camera?? Binder clips are very versatile!

Hey, if you drove up to Chicago from STL and back, you drove right by me twice and didn't say a thing; you just missed out on a free meal, buddy! Cozy Dogs, Roger's Den Chilli, and Horsehoes! Bet you're sorry NOW, huh?

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:19:42 pm

I am indeed.
Sometimes while hanging with friends and family, they will comment in how much world I have gotten to see in my travels. I grin and nod but kind fo think, yeah, I've seen alll kinds of different make shift sets, road signs and airports. lol
When I grow up, I'd like to visit some of the places I've shot at.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 14, 2010 at 9:53:39 pm

You have to grow old, bro, you don't necessarily have to grow UP:-)

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jan 15, 2010 at 1:33:29 am

right you are.
I was only immature till I turned 40. Now I'm young at heart.

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
on Jan 15, 2010 at 3:36:25 am

I feel ya, Grin. People ask me "What's (insert city name here) like?" and they look puzzled when I tell them "Well, it looked like an airport, the inside of a cab, and a hotel room, and then the same stuff in reverse order!"

(They really don't seem to like you over at B-Roll, do they?)

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:06:59 pm

[Alan Lloyd] "(They really don't seem to like you over at B-Roll, do they?)"
It would seem a couple of news shooters there envy those in video production. lol

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]