FORUMS: list search recent posts

The "joys" of business travel?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
The "joys" of business travel?
on Jan 10, 2010 at 4:29:53 pm

I'm in the process of planning a shoot which will require multiple flights and I'm wondering just how much of a nightmare it's going to be. One of the very few times I shipped a camera it arrived so badly dropped that the deck mechanism was destroyed, so I always take the camera as one of my two carry-ons.

The question is: is that even do-able in the current climate? It's a full size rig that, while technically might fit the carry-on size requirement as the camera by itself, certainly doesn't when it's in its Portabrace case. In the past airlines have been very accommodating when they're told it's a TV camera. But has this changed after restrictions imposed in the wake of the "underwear bomber?" (Or, as the New York Post referred to the incident "Great Balls of Fire.")

If they're no serious about a single carry-on does this mean I have to either leave the laptop home or risk having it stolen from checked baggage?

Anybody flown with a camera since 12/25? Any experiences / advice to share?

(I'm cross-posting this on the Business & Marketing site just to get additional input.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]