FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chromakey even lighting for background or talent also?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert pukas
Chromakey even lighting for background or talent also?
on Jan 9, 2010 at 10:15:54 pm

Hello,
I want to chromakey person full-length. But I have issues with legs. So my question is do I need to make even lighting for talent also(My background is lit evenly) ? I am shooting with betacam sp.

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: Chromakey even lighting for background or talent also?
on Jan 9, 2010 at 11:16:43 pm

Hi Robert,

Pray tell, what's issue with legs? I can only guess it's the shadow on the floor.

Obviously you need to light the whole figure as if illuminated from the same source, just back your key up so the circle of even light is uniform from head to toe, exercising care not to spill it onto the green screen. Keep in mind a proper match in the quality of light to what will eventually be composited into the background; the more the direction and quality of light matches the background plate, the more convincing the whole effect. Of course if the background is just graphic or abstract then of course it doesn't matter.

JS

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 11, 2010 at 5:06:03 am

"Shiny" pants may pick up extra green spill sometimes. Flagging the spill is as important as making flat and even lighting.

Return to posts index

Robert pukas
on Jan 11, 2010 at 9:10:09 pm

Hello,
As I see, I need to light talent evenly too( as I liked A little bit lighter face and didnt pay attention for eveness, so I guess my problems are because of that :)

But I have made a sample little movie and maybe somebody can spare some time and give any tips for noob chroma keyer :)

5mb sample of dancing hip hoper.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=TzY3eEVSSU9iR0pM...

A 17mb uncompressed frames for keying.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=8015440...

Any suggestions is welcome.

P.s. I am shooting on fluerescent lights for background and two softboxes for talent. Also I have a lot of space to move camera and talent from green screen. Also I dont know if you will notice, but my betacam catches somekind of noise/grain/flicker on green cloth I bet my keying suffers from that.

Best regards,
Robert.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]