FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on shot gun mics (wasn't sure where to post)

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
suzin daly
Question on shot gun mics (wasn't sure where to post)
on Dec 18, 2009 at 5:00:13 pm

The two shot gun brands that have been highly recommended by professionals are, Sennhieser ME66 and the Rode NTG 2. This may not be the right place to ask this question, but I didn't see any place for audio questions on the forum. If I need to inquire elsewhere just point me.

If anyone has any thoughts on which one of the above I should choose I would be interested in learning. I have considered making the choice through heads or tails.

I am a student, camera for now is Panasonic HMC 150, my focus is documentary.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Question on shot gun mics (wasn't sure where to post)
on Dec 18, 2009 at 5:10:05 pm

[suzin daly] "I have considered making the choice through heads or tails."

You might as well. Those are both decent mics and both have similar features... and both will operate on either battery or phantom power.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Sennheiser mics. We normally use the MKH416, which is one of the industry-standard boom mics. It's a bit pricier than the ME66, coming in at a little more than a grand, but they are going to share many of the same audio characteristics.

It's kind of a toss up... for the money, I don't think you'd be disappointed with either the Sennheiser or the Rode.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 18, 2009 at 5:12:10 pm

You might want to be more specific on what sort of work you're planning to do with it. Outdoor, indoor, travel, interview, ambience, action, dialogue, etc.
Also, there is an audio professionals forum that might be a better place of assistance. Cinematography tends more towards the lights and lenses folk.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

suzin daly
on Dec 18, 2009 at 5:29:04 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the rght direction Sz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]