FORUMS: list search recent posts

helmet cams/POV cams

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
helmet cams/POV cams
on Dec 5, 2009 at 12:05:23 pm

Has anybody used the ContourHD camera? Or could you recommend another POV cam?

I don't believe I'll find a POV camera that has good audio, so I'm thinking of going dual system, using a small digital audio recorder with lavalier inputs to handle the sound.

Thanks.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: helmet cams/POV cams
on Dec 17, 2009 at 10:49:04 pm

In the work I do (military contracor working with helicopters, etc.) we have had to put some HD cameras in some really tight spaces. We use the Sony HXR-MC1 and have had good success with it. We were pleased with the picture quality. You can get them with a small preview screen which is very helpful.

We usually just use normal cameras though.
However, one day we ran into a situation where we needed more HD cameras than we had, but I remembered we had the POV cameras so we set them up in some of the secondary locations instead of normal cameras (adjusting the location for the angle of the lens of course). We found that they had surprisingly good sound considering they're POV cameras. I mean, lav's will always get you better sound from a person speaking, but if that proves unworkable, these cameras have decent audio capabilities.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]