FORUMS: list search recent posts

I am filming a movie late night outside. i want to use nightvision. what is the best way to do this? cheapest?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john lynn
I am filming a movie late night outside. i want to use nightvision. what is the best way to do this? cheapest?
on Oct 22, 2009 at 5:09:31 am

i will use hd camcorders, i also have sony vegas and adobe after effects.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: I am filming a movie late night outside. i want to use nightvision. what is the best way to do this? cheapest?
on Oct 22, 2009 at 9:31:05 pm

Real night vision, or fake/simulated?

Return to posts index

john lynn
Re: I am filming a movie late night outside. i want to use nightvision. what is the best way to do this? cheapest?
on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:25:39 pm

real night vision. i am recording in a dark ditch and want to use nightvision.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 23, 2009 at 3:52:35 am

The surplus Russian units I hear are the cheapest, you could google them up. ALso try SuperCircuits to see if they have something in your price range that would work. I guess typically you use a screw-on lens adapter with these, may need to add rails to the cam to support it all or risk breaking or bending the lens attachment point.

Return to posts index

Jack Sammanson
on Dec 13, 2009 at 5:17:19 pm

Obviously the cheapest (and easiest) would be to simulate night vision in post. Depending on how you light it and play with it in post, you could get results that are just as good (if not more to what you envisioned).

Best of Luck!
Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]