FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking to Purchase a Camera

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Ne
Looking to Purchase a Camera
on Sep 8, 2009 at 9:31:20 pm

I've been looking at prosumer video cameras over the past few weeks. I'm looking to buy something suitable within a $5000-$6000 range (including support). I've had my eye on the Panasonic HVX200. I was wondering if there are any other better suggestions.

I'm intending to shoot short films/music videos/spots with it. Any other suggestions or advice would be great. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Micah McDowell
Re: Looking to Purchase a Camera
on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:25:42 pm

The HVX is a great choice, but there's a ton of other options in that range; are there any more specific requirements you have?

Return to posts index

Ryan Ne
on Sep 9, 2009 at 8:18:17 pm

My main requirements are high image quality, a good workflow, and 24p. Most of the cameras in this range seem to live up to this.

However, most of all I am looking for a solid investment that won't become outdated quickly and will produce what are considered high quality results for a number of years.

I know that sounds broad, but hopefully it helps people point me towards the right camera.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Sep 23, 2009 at 1:04:12 am

I guess in view of your ideal traits, I'd recommend you at least take a look at the Sony EX-1.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the capabilities of this little camera, and it sells street priced in your range.

(I've used the HVX200 and liked it...then I saw the images on the EX-1 after some colleagues highly recommended it) and there was no question that it was time to move in that direction.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]