FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question regarding Letus, full frame lenses, and aps-c

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Bis
Question regarding Letus, full frame lenses, and aps-c
on Jul 28, 2009 at 5:17:37 pm

I was wondering if there is a way to use APS-C lenses with the Letus.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.. I do know the difference between full-frame and APS-C and how you can use full frame lens on an APS-C SLR but not the vice versa, etc.

In the case of using a Letus though, is it possible that you could zoom the camera's lens in a little farther so the APS image fits the frame?
I know this may defeat the purpose of the letus (using APS-C since the DOF will be greater), I'm asking because I have a 10mm APS-C lens - much wider than my Panasonic's Leica lens - and would like to take advantage of the ultra wide lens

If zoooming in farther wouldn't work, then is there such a thing as a "1.6 Multiplier" attachment? I want to say I've read about it somewhere, but can't remember exactly. I guess what I'm imagining is something similar to an extension-tube that magnifies the APS-C image onto a full frame sensor. This "multiplier" would fit in between the APS-C lens and the letus... Does this make sense?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
Re: Question regarding Letus, full frame lenses, and aps-c
on Jul 29, 2009 at 11:19:31 am

I dont know about a Multiplier but you can zoom into a letus without much loss. On occasion I have used the zoom function to turn a 50mm lens into a 65mm.

Just check to make sure they have an compatible mount for the lens you wish to use.

Hope this helps.

PS: Before you spend your money on a letus check out your local rental shop as most of them carry letus, PS technic and similar brands. You can test your theory before investing.

Cheers,
Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

Andy Bis
Re: Question regarding Letus, full frame lenses, and aps-c
on Jul 29, 2009 at 2:56:07 pm

Hey thanks a lot. You said exactly what I wanted to hear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]