FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best settings to use for a wedding video

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M. Oliver Watson
Best settings to use for a wedding video
on Jul 7, 2009 at 3:14:44 pm

Hey guys,

I'm completely new to high def and was wondering what the best frame rate to use for a wedding video is. I am shooting with an HVX200A with a p2 card. I think I read all the threads concerning 24p vs 30p; 720p vs 1080i; p vs pn vs pa etc..., though I am slightly confused about the pull down process. Considering that the clients just want a clean high def video and don't care about the film look, I think I've concluded that 720p/30pn would be the best option. Am I right in my conclusion. I am just a little concerned about getting the jittery look that some in your posts have talked about. Thanks a million!

Mike Watson

M. Oliver Watson

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Best settings to use for a wedding video
on Jul 9, 2009 at 9:24:37 pm

I think you're om the right track. 30pn will be more forgiving of fast camera movements than 24pn. But, shoot some test footage and judge for yourself. In fact test the entire workflow from camera thru edit to DVD, That way you'll know for sure.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5

Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]