FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fitting Canon Mount Lenses to Sony Z7

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Correia
Fitting Canon Mount Lenses to Sony Z7
on Jun 18, 2009 at 11:08:31 am

Hi everyone.

Does anybody know a way to attach Canon or Zeiss lenses for still cameras to a Sony Z7?

I'd also like to use the lenses close to what they were designed for on the Canon 5D MkII for example.

Many thanks
Steve

Return to posts index

Micah McDowell
Re: Fitting Canon Mount Lenses to Sony Z7
on Jun 18, 2009 at 2:39:44 pm

You're gonna need a 35mm lens "depth of field" converter between your lenses and the camera; just search for Dof converter in this forum and you'll find tons of information.

Return to posts index

Andrew Evans
on Jun 18, 2009 at 9:30:55 pm

yeah and you can find diy ones on ebay for around $100. can't beat the price. you would need some rails because they are pretty long.

Return to posts index

Max Baker
on Oct 5, 2009 at 5:03:26 pm

Steve, there are two 35mm lens adapters for this camera that I know of, one that Sony sells which will directly connect Sony 35mm lenses to the camera, and then there's a guy in the UK that sells an adapter for Nikon 35mm lenses. I have a Z7U, although I have not tried either of the 35mm lens adapters. The Z7U uses the three-prong bayonet lenses as stock. I am able to directly plug in my Fujinon lens from my JVC GY-HD100 without modification. Definitely gives you a lot of flexibility. Although the adapters are fairly expensive for just a little piece of metal. The Sony adapter runs for upwards of $600 if I remember correctly, and the Nikon adapter comes in around $400 based on the conversion rate of pounds sterling. Not sure if you're looking at Canon 35mm SLR lenses, or Canon video camera lenses. Either way, I hope this sheds more light.

Max

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]