FORUMS: list search recent posts

Embarrassing Question about Letus Extreme

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
Embarrassing Question about Letus Extreme
on May 27, 2009 at 4:25:24 am

So, I have finally laid hands on a Letus Extreme. I found a good deal on a used one but have not shot with it yet because I do not have the correct ring for my XHA1 or HVX. However, the extreme I purchased came with a ring on it that says EX1. Now, I know that Letus offers an EX1 optimization kit and I just need clarification on what I have. The guy I bought it from did not know what I was asking, so I will ask you guys. I took a picture and posted it at http://www.photobucket.com/thingsforsale and it is the first picture there. Could you go and take a look at the picture and tell me if the wording that says "EX1" is the optimization kit or if it is simply referring to the ring being the size for an EX1... what does the optimization kit look like when on the Extreme as opposed to an Extreme without one because from what I can tell on letusdirect.com, I have the optimization kit?
thanks

Return to posts index

Bob Pierce
Re: Embarrassing Question about Letus Extreme
on May 27, 2009 at 1:06:25 pm

Jared,
Yes I believe that's the ex1 kit. If I'm not mistaken, the optimization kit includes the 77mm thread size for the Ex1 in addition to some optics to optimize the letus for the EX1 lens. You should shoot them an email and ask if there's any trouble using it with your camera. I'm sure they'd sell you the necessary part to use it if need be.
Bob

http://www.lightstreamassociates.com

Mac Pro 2.66 - 8GB memory - Mac OS 10.5.5 - Quicktime 7.5.5 -
Mac Book Pro 2.33 Duo -
FC Studio 2 (Final Cut 6.0.4) - Kona Lhe
Adobe Production Suite CS3 -
Sony Multiformat 14" - Panasonic 42" Plasma -
Ikegami HLDV7 - PVW EX-1

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on May 27, 2009 at 2:09:39 pm

I believe Bob is indeed right.

Agree with his suggestion to ask Letus directly... get the right answer straight from the horse's mouth.

And lastly, I want that chair in the second pic.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on May 28, 2009 at 1:54:19 pm

If you have the EX1 optimization kit, it is the same achromat as the HVX optimization kit. Different ring size, of course. I don't think it will be the optimal setup for your Canon though, I was told that the Canon's do not need an optimized achromat as do the Panasonics and the EX1. I would double check this with Letus.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]