FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opinions HVR-Z7U

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Blair
Opinions HVR-Z7U
on Apr 26, 2009 at 12:14:57 am

I posted this on the Sony DV forum but got no responses so thought I'd try it here.

We're documenting a Youth Conference coming up in June, and need to rent two small cameras. We normally shoot with a Panasonic SDX-900, and are pretty spoiled by it's great image, 24P capabiliites and the excellent scene files that Panasonic provides.

For that reason, we initially considered renting 2 DVX-100Bs, since they can use the same scene files and have essentially the same 24P technology. But rental prices for them in my opinion are pretty high...considering they're DV and 5 or 6 year old technology (over $500 week without enough batteries to last a day).

In the meantime...I've found some great rates on the HVR-Z7U...so hence my questions.

How well would the HVR-Z7U compare to the DVX-100? My assumption is that since it's much newer technology, it SHOULD be a step up in image quality while shooting in DV or DVCAM mode. The project will be SD, so HD isn't important. What are the opinions about the HVR-Z7U...especially its 24P mode?

We'll also likely use a DoF adaptor and 35mm lenses. So if you've used the HVR-Z7U with a 35mm adaptor...I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. Can it be used handheld with them or is it too clunky?

Thanks

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

Terry Woolf
Re: HVR-Z7U Problems !
on Aug 28, 2011 at 6:42:39 pm

My Second camera is a Sony HVR Z7U. Last night I used it to shoot and event. Today it was acting a bit quirky. Menu dial would not respond.
I did a hard reset (paperclip in reset hole). Now nothing. No video in viewfinder of LCD screen. I can hear some humming and clicking but no joy. Before it goes off on a costly repair jaunt to Sony does any one have any suggestions or ideas?
Terry Woolf
Yellowknife NT
Canada

TERRY WOOLF
LONE WOOLF TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]