What's this about?

3d effects without 3d?? From a lens?
http://www.inv3.com/nab_09/index_v3_ax3_angenieux_nab_09.html

Bob C

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: 3d effect from a lens?
on Apr 16, 2009 at 10:01:26 pm

Wow THAT's pretty freaky... somehow it's causing my eyes to have to focus differently depending on whether it's a foreground or background subject in the same frame. I have no idea how that works... but it does seem to.

I will say though, that one of the characteristics that it exploits is obviously a very deep almost nearly-infinite depth of field... which is quite the opposite of what many people these days are trying to do, getting DoFs shallower and shallower.

Gotta do some research on this. Not a tool I think I would ever use (more usefuly for reality-type shooting than dramatic/narrative), but curiosity has gotten the best of me...

T2

ADDENDUM: A bit of net research shows this thing works somehow by having a spinng and moving iris inside it... which somehow gives multiple planes in focus in the same frame. Some users noted that it is best for cameras that are constantly moving, such as Steadicam shots. When the camera isn't moving, apparently the image seems to "wobble." Interesting, indeed.

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]