FORUMS: list search recent posts

NEW Letus 2/3” B4 relay lens

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Weiss
NEW Letus 2/3” B4 relay lens
on Feb 18, 2009 at 8:22:51 pm

There has been some talk on some of the message boards about the new Letus 2/3” B4 relay lens. I know that Hien had made a post a post on DVXuser about his new relay lens and it was receive with mixed opinions by DVXuser members. One of the issues is that people were concerned that it was not affordable compared to a RED/Scarlet. And my response to that is that it is really a different kind of camera then those. RED/Scarlet cameras are really filmmaking cameras. RED/Scarlet’s are not run’n’gun docu, ENG type shooting cameras. A 2/3” camera is designed to be a portable run’n’gun camera. Now with the addition of the B4 relay, DOF adapter, LWS support kit and 35mm optics (approx. $9-$11K) it can be both an run’n’gun shooting camera and double duty as a excellent filmmaking camera. Again, every camera is not for everyone or every situation. Jens and I have used 2/3” cameras for 27 years and we love them. The durability, larger chip size, expanded menu options, excellent color and gamma control, lots of inputs and outputs, great viewfinders, comfortable to operate, the ability to handhold all day and tons more have made this design last over 30 years. There are situations I would use a RED in and situations I’d prefer to use a ENG style camera in. It’s just another option out there and for shooters who own or use 2/3” ENG cameras (sports, news, docu, corporate, broadcast, event, reality, correspondence) This is going to give you a new tool in your bag for creative cinematography. Check out this video I made with Jens and Scott, Introducing 2/3” B4 cinematography, http://vimeo.com/3093799 I think you will find it interesting and informative. Steve Weiss

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]