FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delivering 1080 60i

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Dittmer
Delivering 1080 60i
on Jan 21, 2009 at 4:26:04 am

Need some help here.
Shooting a show that will be delivered to the network 1080 60i. We are shooting on the Sony PDW 700 and the EX 1 and I would prefer to shoot the show 30p. So my question is Do I have to shoot an interlaced format since I need to deliver an interlaced master. If not. What are the post considerations of shooting progressive and in what stage of the workflow would the interlacing occur.

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Delivering 1080 60i
on Jan 21, 2009 at 6:23:14 pm

I ran across the following Web site a while back: http://lurkertech.com/lg/fields/ and it's helped me figure out all the video gunk. It's probably also a wise idea to be on the same page as the editor with regard to video codec. In my opinion--though you didn't really ask, sorry--the deliverable (including format and other details) need to be spelled out in a proper contract, just to avoid confusion, especially since there's so much "video gunk" to wade through.

Return to posts index

John Sprung
Re: Delivering 1080 60i
on Feb 5, 2009 at 8:02:52 pm

The major TV networks have no problem at all with progressive origination downconverted to 60i. The vast majority of the prime time schedule is shot either on 24p digital cameras or on film at 24 fps. Working in 30p is much less common because the foreign markets prefer to get 24 and run it 4% fast at 25Hz. In our workflow, everything is 1080p/24 throughout. We archive 1080p/24. Downconversion to 60i happens in the delivery dub run.

-- J.S.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]