FORUMS: list search recent posts

That Thin Red Line (cross forums post)

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Atzei
That Thin Red Line (cross forums post)
on Sep 24, 2008 at 1:32:42 pm

Dear Cows
Imagine a knife on the chest of one of the actors, positioned at a very open angle that without puncturing the victim's chest actually manages to superficially cut the skin allowing a small ammount of blood to pop out.
I'd need a kitchen knife or even better a tradesman stanley knife. I tried to get it here in Sydney but wasn't what I wanted. I'm ok even with a second hand unit if it looks ok. Is it possible to have a hollow blade where the blood can be squized out from the handle?

I have a short film ready to go into preproduction but before I'll go though with the cast (two actors only) I was thinking the best way to make something believable ...... without sacrifising the actors work by using a prop that looks like a rubber knife. Can someone point me in the right direction such as a website would be fantastic!!!!
Grazie

Thanking you all in advance

Antonio Atzei

BABALOTTI PRODUCTIONS
SYDNEY
POWER MAC G5 QUAD SYSTEM
4.5GB RAM
1 TB OF MEMORY.
FCS 2
AJA KONA LHe

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: That Thin Red Line (cross forums post)
on Sep 28, 2008 at 7:40:00 pm

squibs are yer buddy, dewd.

Return to posts index

Tom Nelson
Re: That Thin Red Line (cross forums post)
on Oct 29, 2008 at 9:19:09 pm

If you're viewing the knife from the side, place an eyedropper filled with artificial blood against the other side of the knife with the eyedropper's open end against the blade. Just squeeze the dropper as you pull the knife. It need not be too complicated.

Tom Nelson
Videographer/Editor
Essex Television Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]