FORUMS: list search recent posts

clips organizing on AG-HVX 200 P2

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Brenno
clips organizing on AG-HVX 200 P2
on Aug 4, 2008 at 10:48:05 pm

Am currently shooting on the AG-HVX200 P2. Shooting and playback are normal in camera, but when transferring footage to computer for logging and editing, all clips are scattered, not in the order I shot them.

Any idea of what is happening, what would I need to do to change that in camera ???

Return to posts index

George Burbano
Re: clips organizing on AG-HVX 200 P2
on Aug 6, 2008 at 12:13:07 am

Maybe Im missing something, Im assuming you're using FCP . When you import the clips, you can arrange them by name, Media start time, etc.. If you arrange them as media start time, then they will be in order shot.. Dont know other software, but that's in FCP.

Hope this helps

George

Return to posts index

Paul Brenno
Re: clips organizing on AG-HVX 200 P2
on Aug 6, 2008 at 3:37:10 pm

George, not sure if you'll get this response (I'm new), but you may very well be right in checking time/date in FCP. I don't edit, I primarily shoot, but will pass that info along to my boss. The problem is our editors will say they have no time to adjust clips before they import...I know they are wanting me to organize clips before exporting them.

Our system is brand new (so is our dept), but I do injest the footage into our metadata file, then export to a folder inside our network server, so that might just work, just not sure yet until I start testing it..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]