FORUMS: list search recent posts

green screen spill

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde villegas
green screen spill
on Jul 13, 2008 at 12:54:59 pm

Preventing spills from a green screen is as simple as moving the actors away from the green screen background. But how about the green colored floor; how do I keep it from from reflecting on my actors? Thanks and God bless.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: green screen spill
on Jul 20, 2008 at 1:01:30 am

Their attire is your best defense in production. In post, we can now just change the color of the spill to the color of the attire or hair. No worries.

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Jul 20, 2008 at 2:59:25 am

[grinner hester] "we can now just change the color of the spill to the color of the attire or hair"

How do you do that using Keylight in AE7. Thanks!

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jul 20, 2008 at 9:06:54 pm

grab spill color and drag till ya dig, really. You can eyedrop it too.

Return to posts index

Chris Schwager
on Aug 1, 2008 at 9:51:20 pm

Hey Clyde villegas,

I hope this helps,

If you're lighting the floor then you must me light for full body. I had advice on this for some of our video production jobs here in sydney, it was prooving to be very costly, cameraman, make-up, sound, & then there's the video equipment. We have a product called CLIVE, which had to address this issue of green spill on actors as we where filming them as a full body green screen set.

I could blab on about suppressing the green with purple, soft boxes lighting and vector scopes but it's just too technical for me. My opinions about the green screen process was, it doesn't need to be that hard, we purchased Reflecmedia, and that solved all of these issues.

It's worth checking out the detail of the hands in this demonstration, all without even thinking about it. No extra light or stuffing around needed.
CLIVE

Ridge Films

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]