FORUMS: list search recent posts

Outside haze

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Mast
Outside haze
on Jun 21, 2008 at 10:49:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm shooting a music video in a construction stockyard, and I'm looking for ways to get some haze in our performance area for light beams. I've lit/designed for a couple indoor concerts and shows, so I'm not uncomfortable with dealing with theatrical lighting, but I'm a little concerned that our little hazer's output is just going to get blown away. We can put a couple hundred dollars into extra lighting/haze/set, but we're borrowing most of the rest. It's low budget, but we're willing to work to do as well as we can on the level we're at.

Any recommendations on what we could use to get some usable haze outside at night? I was thinking of begging for some dry ice from a local caterer, boiling water, and combining them to get CO2 fog, and blowing it around with fans. Or go really cheap and get some smoke bombs from a fireworks stand. Or drive around in the stockyard to kick up some dust. Or blow talc up in the air. Or should we really just spend some money to buy/rent a good hazer? Or will a tiny breeze make it all a lost cause?

Anyone have experience and advice on this?

Thanks,
Ryan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]