FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting a documentary on HVX200 final output HD

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Ramlan
Shooting a documentary on HVX200 final output HD
on Apr 22, 2008 at 5:15:18 pm

Hi Guys,
Just need an opinion has anyone here shot a documentary and the final output on HD? Will it be acceptable by the TV Station? I have to do shoots a documentary using HVX200 but i'm not too sure about the specs requirement let say like National Geographic, do they accept footage shot on HVX200?
The location that i will be shooting will be an active volcano and also there will be an aerial shot requirement. Hope to hear from you and thank you so much for all the feedback

regards
jon

Return to posts index

Matt Doe
Re: Shooting a documentary on HVX200 final output HD
on Apr 23, 2008 at 4:39:29 pm

Jon,

I am a QC tech at a post house in DC which deals with a lot of National Geographic programming. I am not exactly sure about their acquisition formats but I do believe that DVCPro HD (P2) is acceptable.

Another example is the Discovery Channel. They have various levels of "HD" programming based on your format and how much of that format is in the final program. Gold being shot on VariCams, F900s and so forth.

Having only dealt with final programs from these to networks I can't say for sure that I am correct, please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Check with whichever network and they can provide you with an a guide of what formats are acceptable.

Return to posts index

Jon Ramlan
on Apr 23, 2008 at 5:45:41 pm

thank you so much for the information i will check with them

Return to posts index

John Aldrich
on Apr 24, 2008 at 10:06:18 pm

I produce for a company that supplies NG Channel, and from what I understand, they won't accept a show that has more than 10-15% footage that comes from an HVX200 or similar camera. In general they're looking for material shot on cameras with 2/3" chipsets, so something shot entirely on an HVX200 is probably going to get the hand. We're looking at new cameras now and are thinking about the Sony PDW700 or the Panny HDX900.

Just my $.02.

Cheers

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]