FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW EX-1 or the Panasonic AG-HVX200

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Ramlan
Sony PMW EX-1 or the Panasonic AG-HVX200
on Mar 30, 2008 at 1:36:06 pm

Hi there guys,
Need some advice or opinion. I have a documentary shoot in the near future wondering which camera to use can anyone give me advice either to use Sony EX-1 or Panasonic HVX200. the format i suppose to shoot will be on HD. My concern is the camera have to be compact but also has the quality (HD) as have to climb mountain. Thank You

Return to posts index

Michael Murray
Re: Sony PMW EX-1 or the Panasonic AG-HVX200
on Apr 1, 2008 at 11:14:57 pm

Yes, I'd like to hear opinions as well. I'm going to be buying another camera soon and it's between those two. Anyone??

Michael Murray
Summer Wind Productions
Monson, MA

Michael Murray
Summer Wind Productions

Return to posts index

Matt Kohn
on Apr 6, 2008 at 1:57:43 am

I just took a PWM to Africa, but had enough batteries and harddrive to last for days.

It was great. But honestly, I think it doesn't matter which camera you use. What matters most in extreme conditions is which camera you are most familiar with, and how well you can predict what your most difficult shooting tasks will be.

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Apr 8, 2008 at 4:14:50 am

Not trying to cop out but this horse has been beat to death here on the Cow and at DVX User and DV Info. Just search for HVX-200 vs. EX-1 and you will find threads that debate this for 30 to 40 pages.

I own the HVX and have shot a few projects with the EX-1. Both are capable of amazing images in skilled hands. Just comes down to the fine points.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]