FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good small LCD for field work

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Sio
Good small LCD for field work
on Feb 15, 2008 at 8:15:43 pm

I was wondering if anybody had experience with a good LCD for field shooting. Are there are alternatives to the Panasonic BT-LH900a for example?

thanks

Kevin

Kevin Sio
Videographer/Editor
Corporate Communications
National Grid

Return to posts index

Jim Tuchschmidt
Re: Good small LCD for field work
on Feb 17, 2008 at 4:47:42 am

I use the Panasonic BT-LH80 and it is awesome. Great picture, optional SDI input, blue gun, and built-in wave form monitor.

Jim

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci
on Feb 19, 2008 at 1:36:43 am

I own a BT-LH80 and love it. Very clean image, nice controls and very impact resistant (Dropped it hard a few times).

The only problem I have with it is very low light performance. You need a sun screen even indoors to see it easily.

Emre
http://www.productionpit.com
Boxx Tech PC, dual-dual AMD 2.0,4BG ram,Avidexpress HD w/Mojo,UVW-1800,DSR-25, Adobe Premium CS3.Gspeed ES.Steadicam OP/Owner.

"Creative cow is udder madness."

Return to posts index

Chris Bierlein
on Feb 19, 2008 at 4:20:16 am

I was stuck using the BT-LH80 this past weekend and have one major gripe about it that does not apply to the LH900. The LH80's apparent brightness changes significantly depending on the vertical viewing angle. This made it very unsettling in terms of exposure. Yes, I know it has a waveform built in, but on the fly, I like to know that what I'm seeing is what I'm getting. There's no question with the LH900.

Also, the absence of a switched out makes it impossible to loop through-not a problem for everyone, but an issue for me.

As far as a reliable field monitor, I swear by the LH900.

Chris B.

http://www.chrisbierlein.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Sio
on Feb 20, 2008 at 2:37:13 pm

thanks to all for the info

Kevin

Kevin Sio
Videographer/Editor
Corporate Affairs
National Grid