FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting green/blue screen with poor lightning

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dumeyni Arnaud
Shooting green/blue screen with poor lightning
on Feb 15, 2008 at 12:11:21 pm

I m using a pd170 and 2 lamps of 800w to shoot standing people talking. I can't shoot in studio.
Since i have only 2 lights i can't really illuminate the whole green/blue screen and the subjet at the same time, making for certain people sometimes hard.
Any tips about this camera or how i should light the scene ?

Return to posts index

LR Apokal
Re: Shooting green/blue screen with poor lightning
on Feb 15, 2008 at 2:08:31 pm

"Shooting green/blue screen with poor lightning"

why are you torturing compositors? that's just cruel!

Have you done any tests with the current setup. I wouldn't even attempt it until you've shot some options and then tried keying them.
You've got a tough situation though. I've even seen some difficult keys from studio lighting.

Return to posts index

Dumeyni Arnaud
on Feb 16, 2008 at 2:10:56 pm

"why are you torturing compositors? that's just cruel! "

ahaha yeah and since I'm in charge for compositing its even more cruel...

Well i just got the job and didn't really had the time to get familiar with the camera, the lights etc... since i'm supposed to work in post-production.

I guess I'll have to find the time to try out every lightning setup possible... I already discovered that i can't really trust the camera LCD screen, thats a good start :)

thanks for the answer.

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Feb 17, 2008 at 2:14:41 am

what specifically do you need to shoot with these 2 people? can you do it outdoors and use natural light and bounce cards?

Steve

Being rich has nothing to do with wealth.

Return to posts index

Dumeyni Arnaud
on Feb 17, 2008 at 5:47:13 pm

Interviews ! That's why they never tried shooting outside with natural light.
I'd like to try it but i don't have any bounce cards. I don't really know what it's gonna look like...

Return to posts index

Galen Fletcher
on Feb 25, 2008 at 12:12:28 am

For under $50 you can rent nice little 500w softboxes. Use one of those to light the person and use the 800w lights to light the green screen, one on either side and a fair distance away to get an even spread. Keep the subjects as far away from the screen as possible, especially because you won't have a back light.

Try to borrow a light meter if you can to make sure the light is even. Otherwise put the zebra stripes on and make sure you don't have any hot spots. You will probably end up doing multiple keys but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Good Luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]