FORUMS: list search recent posts

Documentary Release forms & art work

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carolina Larrain
Documentary Release forms & art work
on Jan 23, 2008 at 6:31:06 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice on this.
I'm shooting a documentary film with a Painter and of course, a lot of her work will be shown in the film. I have to find a way to protect her work as well as myself from possible foul-play...
She requires her work is protected, and I totally agree that it should be, only that further than protecting the whole film via copyright I don't know if I can specifically protect her work.

This week I have to make her sign a release form and she wants me to include elements that protect her images in it, anybody have a clue how I could go about this?
I want to protect her work, but also avoid getting myself in a difficult position if something did happen... Any guidelines or ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!!!!!

Carolina

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Documentary Release forms & art work
on Jan 25, 2008 at 5:05:09 pm

This is one of those dicy situations that I've found myself in before. I've had to draw up a kind of a contract stating what the footage would be used for (type of program, where it would air or be shown), and for how long I had the rights to use the footage within the documentary. In your case, it's all your own footage but you still might need to be specific in the release, you want her to sign, about what the footage will be used for. However, don't limit yourself, ether. Make it clear that you (or your company) will own all rights to the footage. You could state that the footage will only be used in the said documentary but, make that for a limited time. Hope this helps and isn't too late!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]