FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music Video

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MattyJatz
Music Video
on Jan 17, 2008 at 3:14:38 pm

This question might seem a little vague but I'm trying to get some tips on shooting a music video. It is for a school project due in February. I'm required to shoot, edit, the whole 9 yards. I have a band to shoot but I just wanted to see if anyone has some useful advice before I go about this.

Thank You,
Matt

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Music Video
on Jan 18, 2008 at 6:37:16 am

Overlight it and bring the levels down in post.

Find a MV that you want yours to look like and examine every frame.

The actual reply to your question would take a week to answer. Find someone in your area that has done a few and make a new friend.

Do not make it about wealthy hip hop artists driving H-2s

Watch Feist's "1 2 3 4". One shot - no cuts

We have one that played on BET, MTV and VH-1 and it was shot on a DVX100A for a total cost of under $500. And it was just a demo for the Music Video we wanted to shoot.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 has arrived and it's fascinating.

Return to posts index

Matt Jatsko
Re: Music Video
on Jan 18, 2008 at 2:09:36 pm

Thank you for the response. Yes I understand it would take forever to write basically a "How To:" for shooting a music video. Any advice, tutoruials, other videos, and anything else helps! I shot the band live lastnight using two seperate cameras. One freehand camera for close ups, and another on a tripod in the rear of the venue. That "1,2,3,4" video has some pretty sweet camera angels. Thanks for your help!

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]