FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blue Screen Help!

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stussi
Blue Screen Help!
on Nov 26, 2007 at 3:27:38 pm

Hi there,
I need an advice to realize a short movie.
First of all there is a child who has got a special rucksack on her shoulders ( like a jetpack), that enables her to rise and floating in the air.By the way in the scene we won't ever see her rising from the floor. To realize this sequence i was thinking to use the blu screen effect. She'd wear a body harness linked to a rope so that she'd be able to float in the air. Indeed i'd move , swing and turn the rope but always on its plank without moving the camera (frontal shot). Eventually i'd animate everything with After Effects to move her in the air as i like.

What do you think about it? Is it the right way? Let me know and if u have any suggests please feel free.

Thank you really much!

Stussi

Return to posts index

Leo Ticheli
Re: Blue Screen Help!
on Nov 26, 2007 at 3:35:51 pm

Please don't do this!

In the first place, wire work is inherently dangerous, even for experts.

In the second place, it's not necessary for what you want to do; just tilt the camera down and the subject will "rise" through the screen.

Again, do NOT endanger a child attempting something you aren't qualified to do.

Best of luck,

Leo

Return to posts index

Stussi
on Nov 26, 2007 at 9:58:59 pm

There is nothing dangerous in this kind of shot. The child will be rised just a little from the floor whithout any kind of movement! Something simplier than a seesaw! But I have to shot in this way because I want to see the child full figured. The effect it's just a floating child...

Thank you, Stussi

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
on Nov 26, 2007 at 10:37:32 pm

There's an easier way to do this (that might work, depending on your situation) that does not involve flying the kid at all.

What you would do is shoot straight down from a high camera position toward the floor... so you have a greenscreen (or bluescreen) floor, rather than a wall.

Instead of standing, the actor is on his or her back. Rather than laying flat on the floor, their body is supported by a small bench, stool, or whatever... which is also shrouded in chroma material (if needed). That way they can have some free-floating movement of their arms and legs. This trick has been used in countless space movies for shots of floating astronauts.

Like this....

The only real downside is if there is anything "gravitational" that gives away the fact that you are shooting vertically rather than horizontal... such as long hair, flowing costume, etc. Another consideration is that since the talent is relatively close to the chroma screen, it can be difficult to light the talent and the screen independently... which might be difficult if you want very "sculpted" lighting on the talent... but it is doable.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]