FORUMS: list search recent posts

Horizontal Dropouts in 24p advanced footage

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alw0311
Horizontal Dropouts in 24p advanced footage
on Sep 27, 2007 at 5:54:25 pm

We are shooting a documentary on Panasonic HVX200 and Canon XL2 with 24p advanced setting. Editing on FCP 5.1.4 on G5. We have a bunch of footage from both cameras that has thin horizontal lines that look like a clean crease or fold dropout in the video that goes all the way across the screen at different positions...it kind of flashes these folds here and there, especially when the camera is zooming in or out, or there's a lot of movement of the camera. We haven't had this problem with our footage until just the past month. I would post a still of what it looks like but when i frame step through it, the problem seems to be happening in between the frames. Also, we can't see it happening on the ntsc monitor, only on the computer screen. We tried playing it straight off a tape and still saw the problem when looking at the computer screen, but not the ntsc monitor. Also, I the tapes having this problem were digitized using two different decks we have so that doesn't seem to be the issue either. Do you think this is something to worry about? Have you heard or seen this before?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]