FORUMS: list search recent posts

Filming in HDR using AE + PS

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Directfilm
Filming in HDR using AE + PS
on Sep 20, 2007 at 10:28:11 am

Hi peeps

I was wondering if you could help me what a problem/Idea that I have been thinking of and how plausible you think it might be.
Of late i have been obsessing over HDR photography and been amazed of the results. I thought to my self, is there a way i can reproduce this kind of imagery with my video camera?
I put my thinking brain cells to the task of this solution and I think i have come up with a way of filming HDR with a DV camera.
Firstly let me explain why i want to do this 1) to see if it can be done 2) with all that extra colour information would be useful, some of the HDR pictures have some nice affects when you compress them down to 16bits per channel and that would give a nice film effect style to your piece.

Ok so here goes:
Firstly you need 3 DV cameras and you need to mount them on a piece of wood or something were they can be held still in relation to one another. You need to set them up all the same but change the Sutter speed rate between all three cameras. I still not sure how i might mount them. Whether you would mount them in parallel with each other or the two outside cameras pointing in and undistorted the picture later to flatten it.
Ok so you shoot what you need with this strange camera set up.
I would then capture the footage and sync them up with each other and export the frottage and stills with the same number for each frame corresponding to all three cameras in to folders say cam 1, 2, and 3 I would then do a photo shop batch file to align all the images and import them as HDR pictures; at this point you could also play around with that film look I was telling you about. I would then export the resulting HDR still in to the HDR folder. I could then import that in to AE as frottage and wa-la HDR frottage to play with in AE you could then output the video using settings where it would keep the colour information.

Any how i wanted to pass it on to you to see if you think Im barking up the wrong tree before i go rent me some cameras and have a go.

Thanks

Tom Mitchell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]