FORUMS: list search recent posts

alternative to Scriptlinc

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
alternative to Scriptlinc
on Mar 30, 2007 at 11:07:26 pm

I've found a couple of interesting devices which display the camera's timecode on an LCD screen so that an assistant can record the tc for good takes.

So I wonder:

Is there a (cheap) hard-wired alternative to the wireless, and expensive, Scriptlinc/ScriptBoy/ScriptView?

Would it be so hard to make one? I don't need a wireless device; it would suit me fine to glue an LCD onto my own clipboard, and run a wire from camera BNC timecode out to the CheapLink.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: alternative to Scriptlinc
on Mar 31, 2007 at 8:12:19 pm

Horita has several products that do exactly what you want. To make anything wireless, all you have to do is use a small wireless mic system. The time code is an audio signal. You can plug into the tc output of a camera or deck and run the line to the mic input on a transmitter. At the receiver end, go from the receiver output to the Horita input and you'll have wireless timecode. I think it's horita.com

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: alternative to Scriptlinc
on Apr 1, 2007 at 3:25:41 pm

[Steve Wargo] "Horita has several products that do exactly what you want."

Thanks Steve. Horita makes a "PTR" along with a clipboard version called the "Script Kit," but even more interesting is their "Pocket PA LTC - Bluetooth Transmitter with PDA-LOG

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]