FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sell DVCPRO25? Buy HVX200?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oscar deflorez
Sell DVCPRO25? Buy HVX200?
on Mar 26, 2007 at 3:53:18 pm

I have considered selling my camera. Would value input from this forum.
Which camera would give better picture value to shoot a film for competition and home video market?

Should I keep my camera which shoots interlace 4X3, but has a professional fujinon lense, 3 X 1/2" CCDs, records to large tape and firewire. Problem I have with keeping this camera is that to have a 16X9 I have to chop off the top and bottom of my image and then if I want a film look I would have to lose half my fields and then interpolate. Am I correct here? Otherwise it will look like the news.
Can I still get away with shooting a film with this camera do you think? or would I be better to sell it and buy the HVX200. The problem I have with that is the inferior lense and the smaller CCDs, but it shoots a quazy HD image that apparently looks good...but would it look that much better than what I have?
Should I just hold out with the camera I have until I can afford the next level of my camera which shoots progressive and stay in the professional level cameras? That prosumer is a tempting way to get progressive look, but would I regret it?

Return to posts index

rmherd
Re: Sell DVCPRO25? Buy HVX200?
on Mar 29, 2007 at 11:15:40 pm

It depends what kind of work flow you use, and what your final output is going to be.

RH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]