FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow Motion from HDCam

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil SUmmers
Slow Motion from HDCam
on Feb 26, 2007 at 7:52:18 pm

Hi Guys
Am shooting a pop promo on HDCam (Sony 750 or 900) and want to shoot some footage in slow motion. I know that XDCAM HD has slow motion but have been told 750 doesnt but there is a way to shoot slow motion by using interlaced 60i mode (although I am shooting PAL) and then treating it in post. Does his mean shooting 60i and taking every interlaced frame and making it 30 progressive frames? I am a little confused! If anyone has any experiance they can share with me on this I'd be really grateful.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Slow Motion from HDCam
on Feb 27, 2007 at 4:22:32 am

We have had great slo-mo for years with 1", Beta and who knows what and now it's a big dilema? All you do is use a dynamic tracking deck and record it into your NLE. What the hell is the big problem here? This isn't aimed at you Phil, but just everybody in general. It seems like nobody knows what a tape deck is anymore!!!!!!!! We have a Sony HDW2000/1 and the slo-mo works just fine. And besides that, we can shoot in 60i and play it back at 24 and that looks good too.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Nate Weaver
Re: Slow Motion from HDCam
on Mar 9, 2007 at 2:10:10 am

He wants frame for frame overcranking. Just slowing down 60i via deck isn't the same.

Phil, the best way to do this I've found is to shoot 60i, and then slow down in After Effects. It will map the fields to new frames if you get the math exactly right, unlike most NLEs which will frame blend.

New website, new work online:
http://www.nateweaver.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]