FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Advice please

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curious editor
Camera Advice please
on Dec 25, 2006 at 3:15:25 pm

Hi everyone. I need some suggestions for a Video Camera. I presently saved money and bought a MACPRO 2.66Ghz with 4gb of RAM, a external HD of 250Gb(firewire 400 & 800), and have Final Cut Pro as editing software. I'm looking for a camera that has very good resolution and incredible colors that can have a film look(I know it's unrealistic but high detail and colors is what I mean). I'm looking for a camera that uses CMOs chip to avoid dust problems. My intent is to be able to present it on TV((on TV I always use Component cables).or big screen at school festivals.

Any suggestions? DV cam, HDV, DVHDPRO, BETACAM, DIGIBETA?
(I'm a university student who lives at home, pertinent for budget range)
I was looking at the Canon Camera's since they had the most gross pixels per sensor 1650each. (refering to Canon XH A1/XH G1 and the Canon XL H1) I think the XL H1 has option of changing lenses whereas the other does not). Also I would get a Firestore to avoid buying a Deck then capturing it after on MAC.

I really liked the Barocque look, colors and detail from this feature done by "Bruce Alan Greene" (I wonder if he had a Mat Box on Camera Lens)
(Bruce Alan Greene quote) "I shot a feature a couple years ago on a $3000.00 panasonic dvx-100 camera. It certainly is not "Barry Lyndon" but on a small screen it looks pretty "hollywood" (it was made for a dvd release). You can see a small clip at: http://brucealangreene.com/LYtheater.html"

I also absolutely like Tim Burton's work because it has that Barocque, gothic, blue tone(James Cameron also has great blue filter look in films). I enjoy Tim Burton's Vibrant colors and how I can tell it's Tim Burtonesque because you seem to always feel the tone and mood of pictures.

Please let me know your opinions( I know already some will suggest renting but I absolutely want to own one because I will work on so many projects and for personal projects as well).
Happy Holidays! (by the way this is a fantastic site, thank you for helping someone who is trying figure out how to pursue artistic techniques and goals).

Return to posts index

tony salgado
Re: Camera Advice please
on Dec 30, 2006 at 6:22:08 am

The sought after look you are looking for has much more to do than just the camera which captured the image.

You need to seriously consider the contributions of the DP and his crew which ultimately created that signature look.

Lighting, Lighting, and lighting are the key to a memorable image. It does not matter if the camera is digital or not as light always starts as analog.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]