FORUMS: list search recent posts

bullet time effect variences

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave allbritton
bullet time effect variences
on Nov 16, 2006 at 7:06:36 pm

I know this has probably been beaten to death, but I have to ask. What are my options for creating something like the bullet time effect seen in the matrix movies? Regardless of the name, I am aware of the railgun solution (numerous still cameras slightly ofset and firing in sequence) to freeze the action while being able to rotate around the subject. I'm also aware of the lazy suzan (turntable) effect to freeze the talent and rotate around them around the camera. Finally, I also know of the pure CG solution. My goal is to understand what options exist for two-three actors and a few props to freeze while the camera rotates up to 180 degrees and brings the audience "into" the scene during or after which a single "frozen" actor begins to move in real time to narrate what the audience is seeing. I believe we are trying to shoot this on a green screen, later to composite into a virtual, stylized (maybe like the IPOD commercials) and minimal environment. I welcome any thoughts on this! thanks in advance.

dave allbritton
info@daveallbritton.com
http://www.daveallbritton.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]