FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confused about which camera to buy

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evrard
Confused about which camera to buy
on Oct 5, 2006 at 4:34:18 pm

Hi,

I am rather new to video/films etc, but i want to be able to understand certain things. I plan to buy stuffs to develop a small film company and also extend it to commercials etc. When i try to look at the many different camera available on the market (large public or professional) iam simply lost. First off the lingo is so diversified its confusing.

Lemme ask my question from a practical angle: how can anyone compare these two cameras

- Canon GL2
- Panasonix AG-HVX200

The comparison must be clear of any marketing attachment to any mark please , all i want to understand is the technical difference and conceptual paradigm betwen the both product. In general what is DV camcorder, what is HD camera? Can one do what the other do or on contray they are designed for totaly different purposes? Where can the HVX200 (average 5000$ Ebay) can do that the GL2 (average 2500$ Ebay) can't?

Finally which type of camera or camcorder is more suitable for a project like mine, or more importantly which kind to the pro use the most in everyday production jobs?

Thank you for your inputs as i recognize there are many questions

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Confused about which camera to buy
on Oct 7, 2006 at 10:45:43 pm

You won't get far in the commercial or film business with a GL camera. The HVX200 is a step in the right direction but clients that pay big money really want to see a large camera. They don't usually have any knowledge of the technical side of video production.

I know I'm going to get jumped on for this but it's a fact of life, really.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]