FORUMS: list search recent posts

Steadicam Info

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hodge999
Steadicam Info
on Oct 5, 2006 at 2:42:55 am

So thanks to 'The Cow' I've managed to acquire a nice Teleprompter and an awesome Jib Arm for my production goodies. They've both been a big help in making my productions a little slicker. Thanks! Now I'm looking at Steadicam Rigs. Went to the Steadicam site... and quickly realized my big betasp camera might have to wait a little longer for the rig as the prices were still too high for me to afford. I found a rig from Varizoom, the Blackhawk, for about 8k which looked ok. Any suggestions or past experience with these or any others?

Return to posts index

SydneyS
Re: Steadicam Info
on Oct 9, 2006 at 4:35:59 am

My suggestion is go to NAB and try on the rigs... Everyone's there, and I think you'll see that spending under $10K isn't a good idea. The prices on steadicam aren't coming down any time soon... I've invested close to $70,000 on my setup, and it is nowhere near top of the line... The market for the equipment is more film work, as there's not a lot of roles it can play when dealing with the typical video shoot... People hire me with the strangest requests, not really knowing what the equipment does...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]