FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time-Lapse/Pixillation with dolly--Close-ups of objects--need some advice for 35mm

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Uloth
Time-Lapse/Pixillation with dolly--Close-ups of objects--need some advice for 35mm
on Sep 13, 2006 at 2:46:07 am

I'm a filmmaker based in Canada and I'm directing a short fiction film next month that is going to have some pixillation/time-lapse shots in it. But not the standard landscape/wide shot time-lapse.

I was wondering if you have any advice concerning shooting close-up time-lapse of candles burning down, icicles forming, chinese tea-flowers opening up in their glass tea-pots to release their coloured tea, and a roast chicken being devoured one small piece at a time until there's nothing left but the bones.

We're going to be shooting with an Arri 535 (with an intervelometer for the time-lapse/pixillation) and I'm hoping to test the shots next week with a Bolex Super16 camera shooting frame by frame at the standard shutter speed (I think it's 1/40sec).

For some of the shots I'd like to dolly around the objects but I thought it might be better just to place them on a lazy-susan or record player and slowly spin them incrementally instead...but then the lighting source wouldn't be moving...

Anyway, maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help!

Independent Producer/Director
Sure Shot Productions
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]