FORUMS: list search recent posts

Probs going direct to Pioneer DVD recorder firewire through XL1

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
crystal dv
Probs going direct to Pioneer DVD recorder firewire through XL1
on Sep 4, 2006 at 7:05:01 pm

I am shooting w/ XL1a w/out tape, 4 pin firewire (NXG) cable to Pioneer DVD recorder DVR 310 and after about 4 or 5 DVDs recorded continuely I would get, vary random, a measage in monitor (from output of pioneer audio & video) saying no dv input, so I would get a breaf pause in my recording and then it would continue for another 10 or so min then it might happen again.I changed Firewire cable, no luck. Once in a while it would completely stop and it wouldn't start again for a min or two (still had error) until maybe shut down recorder and on again.
Could it be in camera firewire connection? Anyone got any thoughts on this?
thanks, nick

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Sorry I missed this
on Sep 7, 2006 at 11:41:37 am

We have a Pioneer PRV-LX1 ($5000)and we have a heck of a time with it reading the DV input. Most of the time, we capture from a Sony DSR-40 deck. And, most of the time, we get a message at first saying "No Input" when we hit record or preview when it's set for the DV in. We keep trying and it eventually takes it. Because of this, we also have the S-Video/RCA connection hooked up in case we're in a hurry. BUt, we haven't had it stop in the middle of a record.

I asked Pioneer about it and they replied that I am the only whiner in their user pool. So now, I guess there's two of us.

We need to investigate a little further, ya think?

Return to posts index

crystal dv
Re: Sorry I missed this
on Sep 9, 2006 at 6:06:02 pm

Yes I did a test w/ a Sony high 8 w/ firewire into the same pioneer DVR-310 deck and had no message or stops in 35 min. I sent my XL1 into Video One repair in Newbury Park I am just waiting to hear what they find.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]