FORUMS: list search recent posts

Welcome Steve Wargo to the Cinematography & Video Pros Forum leadership team

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathlyn Lindeboom
Welcome Steve Wargo to the Cinematography & Video Pros Forum leadership team
on Jul 3, 2006 at 6:48:35 pm

I just wanted to welcome Steve Wargo as our newest leader in the Cinematography & Video Pros forum here at Creativecow.net.

Steve just finished a feature film called the "Hoax" and says it looks rather marvelous--it's all HD from shoot to finish.

Steve is no stranger to the COW, but if you don't know him and want to find out more about him, click on his picture above and then say howdy...

Welcome Steve. Glad to have you join this forum.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!

Return to posts index

Frank Otto
Re: Welcome Steve Wargo to the Cinematography & Video Pros Forum leadership team
on Jul 3, 2006 at 10:20:01 pm

Hey Steve! From just up the road in Vegas, welcome to the forum!

Cheers,

Frank Otto

Return to posts index

tony salgado
Re: Welcome Steve Wargo to the Cinematography & Video Pros Forum leadership team
on Jul 4, 2006 at 3:38:04 am

Not even a nasty motorcycle accident could keep Steve away from the cow.

More power to you Steve.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Jul 4, 2006 at 8:43:53 am

Thanks for the warm welcome and it sure is cozy to be seated next to my pal, Leo.

In 2005, a group of us got together and looked into why the motion picture seemed go around Arizona to other states. We wrote new legislation for tax breaks and tax incentives and placed it before the Arizona Legislature. It was debated, modified and passed in record time. It took effect on January 1, 2006. We are now buried in feature film work. Our Sony CineAlta camera has seen more work this year than in the past 4 years combined. Ironically, it's in Lancaster California at this time an an LA based feature.

Last year (2005), we shot a feature in August, named "The Hoax" and another in September named "The Controller" (http://www.cut-scene.com). We also supplied the gear for an HD short named "Diablita" starring Jeff Fahey. Coming up this fall, we'll be shooting a feature of our own titled "Trailer Trash". More news on that one as we progress. We have already signed Jerry Springer, Danny Trejo and Bill Clinton impersonator, Damian Mason (Space Travesty 2001).

We have three feature films completed and are seeking buyers and/or disribution.

More news as we move along and I am always willing to help anyone who can use it.

As for "The Hoax", there is another feature with the same name now in the works. This should prove interesting.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 4, 2006 at 2:13:35 pm

Hi Steve,

Welcome. I've read your posts on other pastures and I know you'll add insight to this one.

Best wishes on your continuing recovery from your motorcycle accident.

TimK,

Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

Leo Ticheli
on Jul 4, 2006 at 11:10:08 pm

Welcome, Steve!

Very happy to have you here and delighted to see that your accident did not slow you down!

Best regards,

Leo

Return to posts index

Peter DeCrescenzo
on Jul 5, 2006 at 4:07:19 pm

I'm always in awe of the pros throughout the COW, but now especially so with Mr. Wargo.

Now there's a guy with perseverance!

All the best, and wishing you a continued speedy recovery,

- Peter

Return to posts index

Blub06
on Jul 5, 2006 at 7:44:41 pm

I thought he died....

I am glad that has not stopped his growing involvement in the Cow.

Chris

Return to posts index

todd mcmullen
on Jul 8, 2006 at 5:27:53 pm

steve,

welcome to the board and your small picture in the marquee,
and congrats on HD movie.

Didn't know about motorcycle accident, but if your anxious to get back on, my
94 FLHR is for sale on craigslist.

look forward to insights.

cheers

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin
Cinematography Forum Leader