FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 camera shoot with sdx and dvx

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david freedman
2 camera shoot with sdx and dvx
on Jun 17, 2006 at 1:20:38 pm

Anyone ever do a 2 camera shoot with the sdx and dvx? Any suggestions? I used the dvx file settings on the sdx, but am not satisfied with the match. I realize that these 2 cameras are TOTALLY different animals, but im just looking for any tips you may have encountered -either in menu settings on the sdx or color correcting in FCP.
THanks in advance

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
Re: 2 camera shoot with sdx and dvx
on Jun 20, 2006 at 4:09:05 pm

I own both of these cameras, but can't say I've ever used them on a 2-cam shoot. I'm guessing you are talking about a Master shot, and then a tighter shot. If so, I'd use the little camera on the wide shot. If you're talking about 2 matching telephoto type shots - say a 2 camera interview - then you are more or less asking for trouble, as these cameras really don't match under viewing with a critical eye.

I think the reason would be the pro-lens vs. the cheaper, fixed lens, and the overall sensitivity of the larger camera vs. the small.

If it's an important project, you might consider renting a 2nd SDX. If that isn't in the cards, try to set up the little camera so that it's lens is wide open to defeat the everything-in-focus look of the DVX100. It's also been my experince that the little camera can't handle a lot of contrast - that means you're better off with "flatter", less dynamic lighting.

Good luck,

Ken

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]