FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's the best Mini HD?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcow
l_vaughan
What's the best Mini HD?
on May 19, 2006 at 1:27:02 pm

I've been looking at the Canon XL HD and the Sony HDR-FX1E. I have read some rteviews of both. Obviously the former being more expensive, but which is the best to use?

I have used both the XL1 and the Sony PD150 previously so I have experience with both types, I just wondered which one is the best value for money, or is there another brand I should consider?

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
David Jones
Re: What's the best Mini HD?
on May 21, 2006 at 5:13:43 pm

[l_vaughan] "which is the best to use?"

That my friend would depend on you!
Budget/features/intended use?

It's kind of like asking, which is best, an Audi A6 or a top fuel dragster.

Return to posts index

l_vaughan
on May 22, 2006 at 9:21:50 am

LOL!
OK, i see your point.
Is there a noticeable difference in quality, which has the best lens?
I don't want pointless features, I need a solid - well made peice of kit suitable for making music videos and indie films / docs.

Having used the PD150 and XL1, I prefer the XL1 in terms of picture quality, but the PD150 is more user friendly and more solidly built.

Is this the same for the HD versions? I also hear that the lens for the Sony is not interchangeable. Is this true?

So far it sounds like I am swaying toward the Canon camp, I just wondered what everyone else thinks.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on May 24, 2006 at 12:53:45 am

There are a number of magazines both printed and on-line that give feature by feature comparisons on all of the new cameras. Why not look up something that someone has already taken the time to research and print?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

l_vaughan
on May 24, 2006 at 12:43:47 pm

I was hoping for some feedback from people that may have used the camera and have an un-biased, independent opinion.
I

Return to posts index

Peter DeCrescenzo
on May 24, 2006 at 7:09:37 pm

Hi "l_vaughan": In case you missed them, the "HDV Format" and "Panasonic P2" forums here on the COW contain numerous postings from users of all the popular low-cost HD cams over the past several months.

All the best,

- Peter

Return to posts index

l_vaughan
on May 25, 2006 at 7:53:07 am

I did miss them. Apologies. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

r lague
on May 27, 2006 at 1:09:29 am

we have 2 Sony Z1U HDV cameras and they have been terrific. Shooting in HDV and then downconverting produces some really amazing results.

Sory that we have no experience with the Canon. It is quite new. Seems to be an excellent camera. We can say the Sony does an awesome job both in HDV and SD. We like the Z1U version because of the added pro features like XLR mic inputs.

Return to posts index

cowcow
Steve Wargo
on May 30, 2006 at 10:38:41 pm

[l_vaughan] "I was hoping for some feedback from people that may have used the camera and have an un-biased, independent opinion.
I

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Tim Kolb
on Jun 6, 2006 at 3:06:13 am

[l_vaughan] "was hoping for some feedback from people that may have used the camera and have an un-biased, independent opinion.
I

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]