FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording PAL/NTSC in ONE camcorder

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frediko
Recording PAL/NTSC in ONE camcorder
on Mar 17, 2006 at 12:12:14 am

Hello

I'm looking for a camera to purchase and need som help, thank you for reading.
My basic need is for a camera for fieldwork that can also record video from external sources.

I've previously used the sony hvr-z1 (european version) to record NTSC signals from a gaming console to dv. From there i would convert it to PAL for use in broadcast (then in final cut pro, this time will be avid xpress pro hd).

My needs are simple. the camera needs to be able to record in PAL and NTSC video in (s-video and/or composite) and shoot PAL to DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO (or HDV). 4:3 (though ability to record 16:9 is nice)

Ideally i would want two of the same camera, but our budget is limited [approx price of hvr-z1-set plus 2000$], so unless someone can tell me otherwise we will go for the hvr-z1 (and som cheaper cam for alternative cam whilst recording ntsc to the hvr-z1).
We would like to have two cameras. The reason we need two cameras is that we will be filming people playing videogames with one whilst recording their gaming on the other camera. (and also some simple multicamera stuff) So it would be nice if the images on the two cameras matched up.

Any good cameras out there? any other ways of just performing the ntsc recording whilst shooting with the hvr-z1?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Fredrik K. Olsen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]