FORUMS: list search recent posts

Steadicam Recommendations

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hodge999
Steadicam Recommendations
on Mar 10, 2006 at 7:59:44 pm

My addiction to gear is continuing. After picking up an EZ FX Jib Arm for my Betacam, I'm now contemplating a Steadicam Rig. Haven't used one on a shoot in awhile but may be required to use one continuously in the future for a gig.

Anybody have any recommendations on vendors?

I'm 2 for 2 in asking so far, having had great success with a Teleprompter referral to Prompter People and the Jib from EZ FX. Thanks again in making my projects look better and better.

Hodge

Return to posts index

Bob
Re: Steadicam Recommendations
by
on Mar 11, 2006 at 3:11:38 pm

Since the weight of your rig will necessitate one of the larger Steadicams, perhaps you should give the used market a look? The tech in Steadicam doesn't change radically from year to year, so maybe you can find a deal from a shooter with a bad back. Check out BCS & the Greene Sheet.

Return to posts index

Hodge999
on Mar 14, 2006 at 5:21:47 pm

Thanks Bob, I'll do that.

Hodge

Return to posts index

SydneyS
on Mar 20, 2006 at 3:04:51 am

I actually don't recommend used steadicam gear, mostly because of the vest... After time, it sort of becomes a living part of the operator... Also, the market for large rigs is extremely small, so typically the depreciation is very low... Considering new, and for a betacam size rig, you can go relatively inexpensively to Varizooms site, ($4,000-$8000) or Glidecams site, (Around $8,000 and up) There are other companies that make mid range rigs, but the ones I mentioned are the most well known, when not including the high end rigs, ($75,000 and up)

Return to posts index

Hodge999
on Mar 21, 2006 at 11:00:05 pm

Thanks Sydney, the Blackhawk Model from Varizoom looks pretty good @ 6K.

Return to posts index

Steve Freebairn
on Apr 10, 2006 at 5:35:59 pm

I'm a Glidecam fan myself. I think (and it's just an oppinion) that Glidecam is better than varizoom. There products don't seem as professional.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]