FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm losin' it and I wanna keep it

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
I'm losin' it and I wanna keep it
on Mar 1, 2006 at 1:54:19 am

The last couple of months I've come back from two shoots without an item or two. A small light stand, a clamp, and today, annoyingly, a great little home-made item (please see below).

I think some of the items might not disappear if they had my name and number permanently attached. Does anybody know of an identification label which I can buy for this purpose? It would have to adhere even to small items, if possible, while not getting in the way of functionality.

About my loss today: it's a home-made item that a grip gave me: a 5/8" pin attached to a metal round base, to which he'd screwed a piece of wood with holes on the sides for a Chimera. On the other side is an Edison base. It makes a terrific speed-ring for a Chimera lantern with a photo-flood bulb. I could afford a "real" one but I happen to like this one for its rustic charm and I'm going to have to make a new one now. Does anybody know the name of the 5/8" pin with the round base? I've looked on mse-grip.com for this, but can't find it.

Thanks much!

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: I'm losin' it and I wanna keep it
on Mar 1, 2006 at 2:57:45 am

Bob,

I use small vinyl labels made by greyarc who is an industrial stationer and supplier; you can easily google their website and catalog. For items too small for the label I use a distinctive colored tape, usually shiny electrical tape which comes in many colors and is coordinated with the labels' color.

The round plate with the baby pin is often called a "pidgeon" or wall plate, base plate or baby plate!

JS

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Thanks and another pidgeon question
on Mar 1, 2006 at 1:57:34 pm

Thanks John. I'll get some labels before more of my equipment evolves legs.

re: my homemade Chimera lantern/Edison holder. Looking at plates, I realized that there may be a better alternative than mounting a 5/8" spud -- a receiver instead? Do you worry about things like safety chains when using a drop down?

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: I'm losin' it and I wanna keep it
on Mar 1, 2006 at 9:20:59 pm

John are you sure the name is Greyarc? I can't find them on a google search.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]