FORUMS: list search recent posts

backgrounds

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
backgrounds
on Jan 15, 2006 at 3:42:55 am

I'd like to get some interesting-yet-not-too-interesting backgrounds to take the ugly out of some corporate interviews.

Any recommendations for sources of such? Is there anything I should know, as to size, suppliers, materials (canvas or muslin?), or hanging methods?

I've had a lot of experience with my own black and chroma key canvas backgrounds, and have developed a couple of fairly nice (if time-consuming) set-ups for hanging them. But I'd appreciate any insights into materials and methods. Thanks!

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: backgrounds
on Jan 15, 2006 at 4:27:20 am

Bob,

Check out Studio Dynamics website. They have an extensive variety of backings which are cheap and easy to hang (just clip up with pony clamps (aka grip clips) to the false ceilings common in offices. Their link is:

http://www.studiodynamics.com/

I've got a couple of 12x20' pieces of mottled gray that by illumination with source four's and various gobos and gels can be made to look like lots of different things. also by hanginf flat or bunching up you can vary the look.

JS

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: backgrounds
on Jan 16, 2006 at 11:36:02 pm

John, do you use the canvas or the muslin? I understand that the canvas is less prone to wrinkling and developing wear marks, but it has to be transported rolled up, while the muslin can be stuffed into a bag. I was wondering whether the muslin backdrops develop distracting wrinkles, but I'm guessing you throw them out of focus anyway, correct?

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]