FORUMS: list search recent posts

Steadicam - rental w/o op? or, the "Occaisional Op"?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob
Steadicam - rental w/o op? or, the "Occaisional Op"?
by
on Jan 13, 2006 at 1:18:47 pm

I've used my little Steadicam JR for years, but a few times I've wanted to shoot with a bigger cam, thus requiring one of the larger (waaay more expensive) Steadi rigs. Any comments on availability of rental rigs w/o operator, whether rental shops would offer any setup training, and would my fairly extensive JR experience translate to a workable experience on the larger rig? By larger rig, I mean the 8-20 lb rigs, not the Studio III (or whatever's at the top of the pack now).

Return to posts index

todd mcmullen
Re: Steadicam - rental w/o op? or, the "Occaisional Op"?
on Jan 13, 2006 at 3:13:29 pm

Hi Bob,

I am not knowledgeable about your experiences with steadicam jr, but I can say that it is a different world as you step up the ladder toward a full
strength steadicam. There are some camera houses out there that might have larger rigs, however, I am not sure who they are.
I beleive PRO, Paddock radical options, in the LA valley rent out steadicam rigs. They may only rent out to steadicam operators whose rigs are being serviced. I don't know, but you can check them out. I know there are some steadicam sites out there for operators who can guide you into rentals and courses and so on. May your back be with you.

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin
Cinematography Forum Leader

Return to posts index

donatello
Re: Steadicam - rental w/o op? or, the "Occaisional Op"?
on Jan 14, 2006 at 3:10:04 am

Alan Gordon use to rent ?? forgt the name of the rig - maybe they still have em for rent ... you'll have to ask about requirements

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]