FORUMS: list search recent posts

Insight on Ethiopia Crew

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Kownacki
Insight on Ethiopia Crew
on Nov 23, 2005 at 8:56:21 pm

Hi All, and happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.

I have a client in the US that operates a hospital in Ethiopia and I'm going to need footage at some point (30-60 days?) of patients in and around the village of Abuba West Africa, possibly Kenya and definitely the hospital in Ethiopia. This may need to be done by different crews based on the following criteria.

I'm looking for photojournalist-type individiuals/2-person video crew to have in my freelance list that could shoot indoors and out, small light kit/reflectors for headshots, lapel audio, able to ask prepared questions to interviewees and pay attention to what's said to gather specific b-roll (it would be nice if we could listen via cell phone during the interview, but not required), shoot b-roll as required, and ship the raw tapes to a US address. One crew MUST HAVE experience in shooting in a sterile hospital operating environment. You can email me directly steve at finalfocusvideo dot com. Specify your tape format and standard.

Now for my specific questions:
I edit NTSC, DVCam and BetaSP. Is it best to transfer locally after the shoot and send NTSC to me or convert here in the states?
Does that affect export in any way?
If you contact me via email, can you shoot NTSC?
And a question I may pose on Broadcast forum... Once my VNR is cut in NTSC format and available for satellite downlink, can the recepients in PAL-format contries receive and convert this or do I provide a PAL downlink?

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks,
Steve

Return to posts index

Ramesh Jai
Re: Insight on Ethiopia Crew
on Jan 18, 2006 at 12:25:57 am

Hi,

Just in case,

I'm in Ghana, West Africa.

I shoot with DSR570 mostly docus, TV commercials. Have sound and lighting equipment.

Regards,
rameshjai@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]